It’s here, it’s official, and it’s going to be epic. We’re happy to announce that AFR’s first ever FIFA 11 tournaments for PS3 and XBOX 360 will take place on October 30th. Everyone has been talking their FIFA 11 skills up on places like Twitter (you know who you are, US Men’s National Team), and quite frankly it’s getting old. We decided that the time has come to settle once and for all who the best FIFA 11 player really is. The best part? The tournament is free and the winner of each respective tournament will receive their club or country’s official jersey.
So, let’s get down to the details then! We’ve teamed up with Rivalspot.com to make sure this will run smoothly and we won’t have a Calciopoli scandal on our hands.
1) The tournaments will start at 3 pm EST (8 pm BST) on Saturday, October 30th.
2) This tournament is free to enter. Rivalspot.com allows users to legally play for money in video game tournaments, however, this tournament is free. The password for the tournament is “Clasico” (case sensitive)
3) Our two respective tournaments are for XBOX 360 and PS3.
4) Champions of each tournament win an official jersey of the club or country’s of their choice (based on SoccerPro’s official soccer jersey inventory)
5) Each tournament currently has 16 open slots, however, if these slots are filled then the number of slots will increase to a maximum of 32. For this tournament, the slots will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. As soon as you see this post, run on over to Rivalspot, register, and reserve your spot.
6) The tournament will be set up with a knockout bracket. If you lose you’re done. So don’t lose. Simple.
So I know what you’re thinking, “how will this all work exactly?” and “how will my 6-0 Drogba-filled wins be recorded?” Well, allow me to walk you through it. It’s quite simple, but you need to follow these steps.
1) EASports.com has all game-results information on their website. So head on over to EASports.com and register an account, if you haven’t already. Follow the instruction that will tie your XBOX/360 gamertag to your EA account. (Step-by-step directions for this are at the bottom of this post, if you need them)
2) To check if your account is set up properly, replace XXX in the links below with your gamertag, and your recent activity will be shown.
XBOX 360: http://www.easports.com/player-hub/360/xxx
3) Any of your questions should be answered on the Rivalspot FAQ. However, if you’re ever confused, just email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tweet @afootballreport.
4) Click here to register with Rivalspot, if you haven’t done so already.
5) The last step to setup secure results is captured with this screenshot.
Again, please contact us if you have any questions.
From there all you need to do is join our featured tournaments, as seen above. Important: You’ll need the tournament’s password to join. It’s “Clasico” (case sensitive)
We hope this will be a lot of fun for everyone. So go on tell your footballing friends, family, and foes. (Note: Only invite your foes if you will embarrass them) That’s it! Be champions!
Eric Beard, AFR Co-Founder and Editor-in-chief
(EASPORTS.com Step-by-step directions)
In the FIFA11 menus, go to XBOX Live > My Online FIFA 11 > Online Settings > EA Account Settings. Then put in your EA account information.
(PS3 Players, substitute “Playstation Network” in that menu list to whatever you use)