The new edition of the Champions League started last week and it already delivered a few thrilling matches such as Manchester City vs Leipzig (6:3). The best club football competition in the world promises a spectacle this season, with at least a dozen teams hoping the win the trophy at the Krestovsky Stadium in Saint Petersburg on 28 May 2022.
But some teams stand out from the crowd because they look too good to be true. We are talking about star-packed clubs with players who can change the pace of the match within seconds. The topic is extremely interesting, so let’s dive straight into it and discuss the top five teams who could win the Champions League in 2021/22.
Champions League Favorites
A few Champions League participants look incredibly strong because they gathered some of the finest players in the history of the game. We also prepared a list of the top 10 casinos online, but that’s not our topic for today. Here are the teams that could easily win the Champions League this season:
- Manchester City: Pep Guardiola is one of the best coaches in football and he is expected to finally win the trophy with Manchester City. The first game of the season against Leipzig showed us all how extremely efficient Pep’s machinery can get.
- PSG: If you are analyzing the starting squad of PSG, you might as well realize that they make the best team that ever stepped the football pitch. The likes of Mbappe, Angel di Maria, and Neymar guarantee attractive matches, but PSG doesn’t stop there. Of course, you all know who joined the team in the offseason – none other than the best player in history, Lionel Messi.
- Bayern: The German giant won the Champions League two years ago and they are still strong enough to beat any team out there. In case you don’t believe us, just look at the first-round score against Barcelona: Bayern Munich won easily by 3:0.
- Chelsea: It’s hard to see Chelsea winning the Champions League once again, but no one believed they would last season and they still did it! If you like gambling online, placing a wager on Chelsea might be a good bet once again.
- Real Madrid: The Spanish team is giving us headaches because it’s hard to project their capabilities this year. However, Real Madrid is by far the most successful club in the competition with 13 trophies altogether, so it’s fair to say that they know how to win the Champions League. Real Madrid is the biggest name in club football globally and they are the favorite to win whenever they play the Champions League.
We showed you five teams that really promise to give their best in an attempt to win the competition, but there are a few notable names that will definitely punish any mistakes stronger opponents might make in the playoffs. Here’s who we are thinking about:
- Liverpool: The team that won the Champions League in 2019 is now more experienced and ready to repeat the feat.
- Atletico Madrid: Would you ever go to the online casino Australia and bet against Diego Simeone and his group of football warriors? We are sure no one is that crazy!
- Manchester United: Cristiano Ronaldo is back and it’s enough for us to believe that Manchester United go all the way to the end.
- Juventus: Cristiano Ronaldo did not help Juventus win the Champions League, but the team is still dangerous and lurking from backstage.
The bottom line
The new Champions League season is on and we expect nothing but the highest quality matches in the following nine months! The question of all questions – who wins the trophy – is always the most intriguing and we tried to decipher it in this article.
We made a selection and picked five teams who should be heavy favorites to win the Champions League this season. Do you agree with us or do you believe other teams could deliver a big surprise like Chelsea did last year? Let us know in the comments!